In 2007 scientists at Goldshield invented a complex, yet brilliant chemistry, that is water-stable, forms a strong chemical bond (covalent bond) to surfaces and textiles, will not leach or become fugitive, and has a unique compound that penetrates surfaces providing better coverage and thus better efficacy performance. They were awarded patent protection for this next generation of antimicrobial technology.
The Goldshield Formula
Our The chemistry developed by these scientists was brilliant and unique because it solved all the deficiencies that had eluded the best chemists in the world for 30 years. Goldshield today is the world’s only patented, water stable, functioning organosilane that:
• has been fully stabilized in water, therefore will not self-condense
• uses no acids or other solvents
• is non-flammable
• is water-based and odorless
• does not leach so forms a long-lasting covalent bond
• has a long in-bottle shelf life typically over a year and a half
• is economical because a single application provides up to a 30-90 day “invisible” protective shield inhibiting bacteria an dfungi that cause odor, staining or discoloration.